Kitchen Porter– Full & Part time permanent
A superb opportunity to work and live in the stunning Eskdale Valley in The Lake District, as part of our family run Greendoor community at the Woolpack Inn, Hard Knott Bar & Café. We are in need of several Kitchen Porters to staff our morning, afternoon and evening shift. The ideal candidates believe in showing up on time for work, be responsible for the general cleanliness of the kitchen and assist chef with basic cooking skills
Your main duties will include:
- General cleanliness of the kitchen including crockery and cutlery
- Collecting and washing pots and pans either by hand or machine
- Assisting chef with light cooking duties/sandwich preparation
- Replenish stock and ensure the storeroom is organised, clean and tidy
- Unload equipment and food from deliveries, storing where appropriate
- Clean and maintain all relevant equipment reporting any maintenance issues in line with procedures.
- Ensure that COSHH, Food Safety and Health & Safety regulations are adhered to and report any incidents.
- Empty and remove bins and waste on a daily basis
A full induction will be given which includes comprehensive online training which must be completed within 3 months of commencing the role.
Previous similar experience is preferred but not essential, however below is a list of practical and personal key skills required to do the role:
- Work quickly and effectively
- Ability to take and follow instructions
- Stay calm under pressure
- Physical strength and stamina
- Excellent communication
- Ability to multitask
- Flexible, with a can do positive attitude
- Work independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrate and follow relevant health & safety regulations
- Strong work ethic
We have carried out a detailed risk assessment and all necessary PPE will be supplied
Location, Salary & Benefits
We are located in a stunning area of The Lake District which is an extremely rural tourist spot, there is very little or no public transport available and whilst accommodation is available, your own transport would be an advantage as there is little/no public service in the valley.
This role attracts:
- a competitive salary dependent on experience
- on site accommodation and meals
- discounted family & friends’ accommodation
- discounted local attractions and activities
Please note by responding to this advert and forwarding your CV and covering letter you are consenting to us contacting you to follow through with our recruitment process. Your personal details may be held on record for up to 12 months after which they will be disposed of responsibly in line with UK Data Protection & GDPR legislation.
Greendoor (Woolpack)Ltd. is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Please note: applications will only be accepted from those eligible to work in the UK.
The above job detail is a guide to the work you will be required to undertake, is not comprehensive, does not form part of your contract of employment, and may change from time to time to reflect changing circumstances and business needs