Housekeeper– Full & Part time permanent
A superb opportunity to work and live in the stunning Eskdale Valley in The Lake District, as part of our family run Greendoor community, Stanley House is 5 minutes from our sister Woolpack Inn and Hard Knott Bar & Café. As Housekeeper you will be responsible for keeping our guest accommodation and visitor areas clean, tidy, attractive and comfortable in our 12 ensuite bedrooms, self catering historic Stanley House.
Your main duties will include:
- A high level of cleaning, dusting and vacuuming of all surfaces ensuring any marks and dirt are removed
- Remove used bed linen and bathroom towels and replace appropriately.
- Make beds correctly with fresh linen, fold towels and ensure bathroom is pristine
- Adjust and arrange furniture, soft furnishings and appliances where necessary
- Perform checks on all room appliances to ensure they are in good working condition
- Adhere to all health & safety, security, and company procedures and policies
- Ensure company standards are followed, completing room checklists and welcoming and acknowledging guests
- Understand and implement small touches that make a difference to guests stays
Previous similar experience of housekeeping and laundry routines is essential, listed below are some practical and personal skills that are also required:
- Ability to work quickly and effectively
- Physical stamina and flexibility
- Excellent communication
- Ability to multitask
- Flexible, with a can do attitude
- Attention to detail
- Work independently and part of a team
- Positive, pleasant attitude
- Be discreet and confidential
We have carried out a detailed risk assessment and all necessary PPE will be supplied
Location & Salary
We are located in a stunning area of The Lake District which is an extremely rural tourist spot, there is very little or no public transport available. This role would be perfect for a working couple as there is also a Caretaker role available. Equally, it may be operated by two individuals as the accommodation is suited to either option.
This role attracts:
- a competitive salary dependent on experience
- accommodation on site
- flexible, full time working hours
- options for food vouchers
- discount on family & friends’ accommodation
- discount on local attractions and activities
Whilst accomodation is available, your own transport would be an advantage as there is little/no public service in the valley due to the rural location.
Please note by responding to this advert and forwarding your CV and covering letter you are consenting to us contacting you to follow through with our recruitment process. Your personal details may be held on record for up to 12 months after which they will be disposed of responsibly in line with UK Data Protection & GDPR legislation. Greendoor (Woolpack)Ltd. is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Please note: applications will only be accepted from those eligible to work in the UK.The above job detail is a guide to the work you will be required to undertake, is not comprehensive, does not form part of your contract of employment, and may change from time to time to reflect changing circumstances and business needs