Duty Manager, F&B – Full time, permanent
A superb opportunity for an experienced and talented Duty Manager to work and live in the stunning Eskdale Valley in The Lake District, as part of our family run, independent Greendoor community at the Woolpack Inn and Hard Knott Bar & Café. You will have F&B Manager experience and can lead a team ensuring every guest and customer receives a warm and friendly welcome, have an amazing visit with great food & drink and all delivered with outstanding customer service from the smooth running of the Food & Beverage operations you will be managing in partnership with another manager.
You will have the ability to motivate, train and develop your team being a role model demonstrating sound leadership, teamwork and communication skills accompanied by a strong work ethic.
Your main duties will include:
- Lead the F&B area, ensuring targets are met and delivered with a high standard of customer service
- Duty Manager cover overnight when required
- Assist in developing products and procedures
- Develop shifts and rotas in advance, supervise staff and clearly assign responsibilities appropriately
- Recruit, train, develop and retain waiting and bar staff
- Maximise F&B sales, ensuring standards are maintained
- Be aware and ensure all Health & Safety procedures, legal requirements and company policies are followed
Previous experience is essential to effectively carry out the above duties and in addition listed below are some practical and personal skills required:
- Proven leadership skills
- An excellent focus on customers
- Attention to detail
- Highly organized
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Quick learner
- Problem solver
- Proactive and a self starter
- Flexible, with a can do attitude
- Work independently and part of a team
We have carried out a detailed risk assessment and are operating in a covis secure environment. All necessary PPE will be supplied
Location, Salary & Benefits
We are an historic Inn located in a remote, rural and stunning area of The Lake District with outstanding views and amazing scenery perfect for anyone who enjoys being outdoors, fell walking, rock climbing, mountain biking etc . The tourist season is extremely busy and during the quieter winter months we have a friendly local following who love to have a chat at the bar!
This role attracts:
- a competitive salary dependent on experience
- managers flat on site
- options for food vouchers
- discount on family & friends’ accommodation
- discount on local attractions and activities
Whilst a manger’s flat is available, your own transport would be an advantage as there is little/no public service in the valley.
Please note by responding to this advert and forwarding your CV and covering letter you are consenting to us contacting you to follow through with our recruitment process. Your personal details may be held on record for up to 12 months after which they will be disposed of responsibly in line with UK Data Protection & GDPR legislation.
Greendoor (Woolpack)Ltd. is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Please note: applications will only be accepted from those eligible to work in the UK.
The above job detail is a guide to the work you will be required to undertake, is not comprehensive, does not form part of your contract of employment, and may change from time to time to reflect changing circumstances and business needs