Caretaker – Full time
A superb opportunity to work and live in the stunning Eskdale Valley in The Lake District, as part of our family run Greendoor community, Stanley House is 5 minutes from our sister Woolpack Inn and Hard Knott Bar & Café. As caretaker you will be responsible for all day- to- day practical duties required to operate and maintain our 12 ensuite bedroom, self catering historic Stanley House.
Your main duties will include:
- daily building inspections,
- identifying, repairing and completing maintenance issues
- completing Health & Safety checks, following up outstanding concerns
- fire alarm and emergency lighting tests
- general building maintenance, internal and external works
- minor maintenance work such as changing lightbulbs, painting & joinery etc.
Previous similar experience would be an advantage but not essential, however to effectively carry out the above duties you must have the following practical and personal skills:
- general household maintenance
- joinery & painting
- organized and practical approach
- flexible, with a can do attitude
- calm under pressure
- discreet and confidential
We have carried out a detailed risk assessment and all necessary PPE will be supplied
Location & Salary
Stanley House is located in a stunning area of The Lake District with outstanding views and amazing scenery perfect for anyone who enjoys being outdoors, fell walking, rock climbing, mountain biking etc or someone who enjoys peace and quiet with time to reflect, comfortable with your own company and possibly a good book!
This role would be perfect for a working couple as there is also a Housekeeper role available. Equally, it may be operated by two individuals as the accommodation is suited to either option.
This role attracts:
- a competitive salary dependent on experience
- accommodation on site
- flexible, full time working hours
- options for food vouchers
- discount on family & friends’ accommodation
- discount on local attractions and activities
Whilst accomodation is available, your own transport would be an advantage as there is little/no public service in the valley due to the rural location.
Please note by responding to this advert and forwarding your CV and covering letter you are consenting to us contacting you to follow through with our recruitment process. Your personal details may be held on record for up to 12 months after which they will be disposed of responsibly in line with UK Data Protection & GDPR legislation.
Greendoor (Woolpack)Ltd. is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Please note: applications will only be accepted from those eligible to work in the UK.
The above job detail is a guide to the work you will be required to undertake, is not comprehensive, does not form part of your contract of employment, and may change from time to time to reflect changing circumstances and business needs