Bar/Waiting Staff – Full & Part time permanent
A great opportunity to work in the stunning Eskdale Valley in The Lake District, as part of our family run Greendoor community working at the Woolpack Inn and Hardknott Bar & Café playing a key role in front line customer service. You will be responsible for welcoming guests and visitors, recording and delivering food and drink orders and processing and taking payments in a very busy tourist destination.
Your main duties will include:
- Welcome and introduce customers to the food & drinks menu promoting daily or seasonal menu specials.
- Answer questions about menu items, ingredients, and pricing
- Take customers’ orders for food and drink electronically
- Prepare drinks and serve to customers
- Assist in the preparation of food and drink, ensure all food products are attractively displayed
- Collect food orders from the kitchen, verifies that they are correct, and serve.
- Ensure that customers are satisfied with their meals and process orders for additional courses if necessary
- Remove used dishes, glasses, and flatware from tables
- Prepare cheques and deliver them to customers, process cash and credit card payments and return change to customers if necessary
- Sets tables with dishes, glasses, and flatware and refills condiments
- Meet with managers and team daily or regularly in order to learn about menu changes and specials as well as discuss upcoming reservations and customers with special requirements.
- Ensure the highest standards of hygiene and service are maintained throughout.
- Assist in the delivery of seasonal events and functions
Previous similar experience is useful but not essential, however listed below are some practical and personal skills that are needed:
- Work quickly and effectively
- Ability to take and follow instructions
- Stay calm under pressure
- Physical strength and stamina
- Excellent communication
- Ability to multitask
- Flexible, with a can do attitude
- Attention to detail
- Work independently and part of a team
- Positive attitude
- Familiarity with Alcohol restrictions and laws
We have carried out a detailed risk assessment and all necessary PPE will be supplied
Location, Salary & Benefits
We are located in a stunning area of The Lake District which is an extremely rural tourist spot, there is very little or no public transport available and whilst accommodation is available, your own transport would be an advantage as there is little/no public service in the valley.
This role attracts:
- a competitive salary dependent on experience
- on site accommodation and meals
- discounted family & friends’ accommodation
- discounted local attractions and activities
Please note by responding to this advert and forwarding your CV and covering letter you are consenting to us contacting you to follow through with our recruitment process. Your personal details may be held on record for up to 12 months after which they will be disposed of responsibly in line with UK Data Protection & GDPR legislation. Greendoor (Woolpack)Ltd. is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Please note: applications will only be accepted from those eligible to work in the UK.The above job detail is a guide to the work you will be required to undertake, is not comprehensive, does not form part of your contract of employment, and may change from time to time to reflect changing circumstances and business needs